A Perfect Day to Dream
- Created by:
- Icelandic title:
Fullkominn dagur til draum
- Lighting design:
- Performers: Aðalheiður Halldórsdóttir, Ásgeir Helgi Magnússon, Cameron Corbett, Emilía Benedikta Gísladóttir, Hannes Þór Egilsson, Inga Maren Rúnarsdóttir, Lovísa Ósk Gunnarsdóttir and Þyrí Huld Árnadóttir
Iceland Dance Company
- When and where premièred?:
September 30th 2011
- Webpage: www.id.is
- Production type:
- Excerpts from reviews:
A simple piece, designed around the dancers abilities, well executed and amusing. If you want to laugh at a dance performance then A Perfect Day To Dream is your choice. Fréttablaðið October 6th 2011
- Is the production available for tour?:
- Has the production toured?:
- Number off people on tour:
Performers in all: 8 dancers. Technicians and company crew: 1 artistic director 1 rehearsal director 1 light technician and stage manager 1 sound technician
- Number of performers on stage:
- Stage/venue requirements:
The stage surface should be free from splinters, holes, and/or other obstructions, and must be swept clean prior to the company’s arrival. The stage area must be free of any obstructions, i.e. large set pieces, orchestra/choral shells, and pianos. The stage floor cannot be concrete or wood laid directly over concrete.
• Dimensions: (minimum performing area) 12m. wide 12m. deep 5 to 7m height to light bars / lighting rig. 2 meters free wing space on both sides • Light gray marley (linoleum) dance floor with black dance floor framing • Light gray back drop or cyclorama with black legs and border
- Technical requirements:
Lighting Console • ETC Congo, or similar
Communication One full intercom system, containing at least three headsets, for communication between stage, sound control and light control.
Lights 1 x 1Kw Fresnell 46 x S4 25-50 degr. Or similar 24 x 2Kw fresnell 13 x Par 64 cp62 8 x Strip lights/fluorescent tubes 36w/120cm 12 x horizont/floods
At least 55 dimmer channels
See Attached Full lighting plot.
For lighting adjustments a compromised ligthing plot will be worked in collaboration with Technical director of venue. taking into consideration the local limitations of lighting equipment if needed.
Sound Equipment Sound system must be of high quality professional brand, (Meyer, L’acoustics, D&B, EAW,) and capable of bringing 110db of frequency spectrum from 30 – 16.000 Hz to all auditiorum. Speaker setup should consist of Left, Right, Subwoofers, 2 full range stage monitors/fills. and two monitors at back of auditorium for surround effect.
Mixing console: At least 6 stereo-line inputs, 3 aux sends with fully parametric 4 band EQ on every input channel. Yamaha DM-2000 or similar with surround capasity
- 1 2x31 band graphiq EQ inserted to L-R outputs
Qlab computer playback supported with a local sound technician.
- What is it?: In this piece every scene represents a dream like situation. It feels like a surrealistic picture with many different stories and colours but still in one frame, hanging on the same wall. In a dream tension and ambiance travels from one place to another, it is very real but blurry at the same time. You feel strongly that you are at a certain place, your whole body feels it, but all of a sudden it shifts and you are somewhere different.